Cityscapes is seeking an individual who is highly organized and understands the processes that drive a supply chain. The master scheduler will be presented with the responsibility of ensuring that various processes and timelines for Cityscapes’ industry are followed closely to ensure the most efficient results possible. The applicant must be able to work alone and be able to communicate professionally with team members across the entire company. This opportunity also presents an excellent opportunity for internal and external training, as well as career progression within Cityscapes for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains various reporting systems to ensure that documentation is accurate and timely.
- Creates daily production schedules and ensures that output is recorded into the correct system.
- Communicates with account executives when there are significant variations in product demand.
- Communicates demand information across a facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
- Reconciles inaccuracies with account executives and the purchasing team.
- Ensures that employees receive schedules in a timely manner and that any discrepancies are accounted for and covered to ensure obligations to clients are satisfied.
- Works directly with employees to resolve scheduling issues.
- Works with vendors to ensure that supply needs are met.
- Works directly with the Warehouse Manager to ensure product fulfillment timelines are met.
- Documents key information for analysis which includes downtime, peak production, inventory accuracy and scheduling accuracy.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to use a computer and various database programs—including Microsoft Excel—proficiently.
- Understands how to document production goals and deviations from these goals on a regular basis.
- Shows the ability to understand customer demand and how to alter production so that this demand is met.
- Has the ability to adequately act as a liaison between vendors, account executives and workers as well as other departments within the company.
- Demonstrates at least basic knowledge of supply chain activities.
- Shows that he/she can work efficiently under pressure and help motivate employees to meet demands.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate across a matrix organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage and complete competing priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a business field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have experience in inventory control, production, manufacturing and scheduling to be considered.
- Significant experience in manipulating spreadsheet and table data within Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
Here are some reasons why you might want to work here:
- Casual dress
- Comprehensive benefits
- Detailed training programs
- Effective management/system of continual improvement
- Environmental focus
- Fair pay
- Fun and Friendly staff
- Interesting work
- Job matching (we do our best to pair you with the appropriate position)
- Market Leader
- Pride – We have a good product (plants) that enhances the environment and lifestyle of people
- Professionalism – expected in all positions
- Referral bonus for finding great new employees
- Regular performance reviews
- Team atmosphere/group participation
Job Type: Full-time